Biomark is in de the business of developing, commercialization and licensing innovative biotechnologies for the efficient production of high value biobased products from biomasses like microorganisms, micro algae or seaweed,
plant and animal materials.
Waste & Residues
Biomark provides process water, waste water and water resources engineering services to industrial, municipal and private clients.
These services include:
- Recovering valuable elements from waste and waste water
- Reuse & recycling techniques
- Developing innovative treatment systems
- Process optimisation water treatment systems
- Trouble shooting water treatment systems
- Desk, laboratory and pilot feasibilty studies
- Overall project management
- Water scans
- Energy scans
- Bio-energy potential of wastes
For large and SME companies in the field of:
- (Petro) Chemical
- Beer and beverage
- Water boards
- Water companies
Biomark offers a wijde range of services for the fysical, chemical and (micro)biological testing of wastewater and organic wastes.
Biomark has carried out hunderds of biodegradability and toxicity tests for pharmaceutical an (petro)chemical plants. In addition Biomark can carry out experimental research on laboratory and pilotscale treatment systems.
- biodegradability testing of (industrial) waste water
- Zahn Wellens tests
- Aerobic respiration testing
- Biochemical Methane Potential testing (BMP)
- toxicity testing
- Lumistox testing
- acute toxicity testing
- fysical/chemical testing of waste water
- DNA fingerprinting
Biomark carries out experimental research to produce biomass from waste water and residues.
Biomark has lab- and pilotscale reactors to convert biomass into different kind of forms such as proteins, (fine) chemicals, nutrients, fertilizers and energy.
Sources of biomass
- waste water
- waste & residues
- micro organisms
- micro algae
Type of biochemical biomass conversion systems
- batch and continu anaerobic bioreactors
- batch and continu photobioreactors
Products from biomass, biobased production
- fine chemicals
- high quality bio building materials
Development of Seaweed Biopolymer Surfboard
Biomark Biotechnology BV is involved in the development of a surfboard made of biopolymers derived from seaweed. Conventional surfboards are made out of divers polymers that are produced out of fossil material. The replacement of these ‘fossil’ polymers by biobased seaweed polymers can resolve the economic and environmental plastic problem of fossil fuels and greenhouse gases. The purpose of the project is to prove that seaweed polymers can replace ‘fossil’ polymers. Seaweed biopolymers are recyclable and biodegradable.
Biomark Biotechnology BV is responsible for the design and optimization of biorefinery processes. In the process extraction and conversion techniques. Microorganisms are used for the converting seaweed sugars into biopolymers. With those seaweed polymers a surfboard will be made.
This project will show an application of seaweed as an alternative source for bioplastics.
More infromation please contact: Mark de Wit (email@example.com)
Biomark is in de the business of developing, commercialization and licensing innovative biotechnologies for the efficient production of high value biobased products from a variety of biomasses like microorganisms, micro algae or seaweed.
Biomark explores and uses natures potential to improve quality of life.
Biomark has over 20 years experience in the field of water technology, bio-energy and food production built up at industries and research institutes.
Biomark participates in several projects together with industries, research institiutes and public companies.
Examples of past projects
- Developed Water reuse, recovery of protein and production of biogas in the poultry industry
- Developed nutrient recovery plant from waste water from potato processing industry for greenhouses
- Developed biogas productionplant from residues from glycerin production plant
- Developed Water Quality Management System for the food industry allowing industry to use any source of water for food production
- Examined hundreds of waste water streams from pharmaceutical industries
- Designed and realised a waste water treatment plant of pharmaceutical industry
- Developing decentralized saline waste water treatment plant for several industrial clients